02 January 2009

Burpee Seed Catalog is Here

I received my Burpee catalog in the mail today and can't wait to go through it. I usually get a few things every year. This year's catalog boasts 40 new items and their cover picture is the "World's First Sweet Seedless Tomato." Everything is also available online at http://www.burpee.com/. Make sure you use the $5 coupon...for phone and online orders the code is BX53 which is good until June 30th, 2009.

As a teenager, my mom worked for Burpee in the 1950's at their seed gardens in Santa Paula, Ventura County, California. She pollinated flowers, using a paint brush! I always thought that was a much cooler job than working at a fast food place. I loved trips to my grandmother's house because we'd drive right by the gorgeous landscape - acres and acres of brighly colored stripes of flowers. This is one of my favorite childhood memories.

I think I'll write an article about the company's history on another day. See ya soon!

No comments: