18 May 2009

Sending Flowers to Loved Ones

Today is my and my car's birthday! Yes, I bought my Saturn SL1 on my birthday - 16 years ago today. How old am I? That's another story (you can leave your guesses in the comments section).

When I arrived home late this morning from running errands, a delivery of flowers awaited me. They were from my relatives on the west coast. Two dozen red roses!!!!!! Thank you Imogene and Carl!



I love flowers! I love receiving them, sending them, buying and planting them, and even have flowers on my wedding china. My backyard is filled with lilacs and peonies. Obviously, writing a gardening blog, means I love flowers as well. Call me crazy - I even email pictures of flowers attached to quick messages to my friends! I am very predictable when it comes to flowers!

Flowers are great gifts for people who have too much stuff and don't have any self control when it comes to chocolates (me!). I send flowers all the time because my family and friends from childhood are now very spread out across the USA (and many have too much stuff!). Thank goodness for the internet - finding a New York florist, California florist, Texas florist, Colorado florist and Arizona florist is easy nowadays.

I have several sources for sending flowers. For a friend who recently moved away, I use Booth Flower Shop in New York. They deliver to quite a vast area and have no service fees which is great for a New York florist. Actually, that's great for ANY florist!

For my family and friends in the previously mentioned states, I use either 800-Flowers or Pro-Flowers. I visit their websites and see what I like best and then make my decision. I'm picky and want to see all my choices!


6 comments:

ann said...

Your birthday roses are beautiful.
Happy Birthday!

Liz said...

Thanks, Ann! Can't wait for the relatives to see the flowers they sent me on the internet. They should get a kick out of it. LOL!!!!

Dogwood trees Tennessee said...

I love flowers! Flowers are great gifts for people...
Thanks for sharing...

Flowers in Bellevue said...

Did your car get flowers too?

Country Flora said...

it is a very nice flowers

Anonymous said...

Amzing blog! i really like it.Thank you so much for sharing.For more information checksend flowers to Delhi