17 February 2009

The 2009 Mischel's Greenhouses Flower Catalog is Here

I just received my catalog in the mail. I buy a few things from Mischel's every year. They offer plants I can't get at my nursery during the Spring. It's mostly flowers, but there are also some green foliage plants and a few veggies.

All plants are one unit price of $3.75 for the first dozen. Each time you are into the span of another dozen, the unit price goes down. Shipping starts at $5.50 for the first dozen plants.I love how Mischel's codes the plants for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds. They also group the plants according to light requirements and heat tolerance. Very, very helpful! I have a shaded front porch and I have a west-facing very hot patio to deal with. If that weren't enough, the inside back cover groups the names of the plants by color.

What looks interesting are the mango colored mini-petunias, all of the begonias, and the hot pink & white striped geraniums.Check Mischel's out at http://www.mischelsgreenhouses.com/ or call them at (800)830-8447.

No comments: